Kriegspiel (Wargame), Guy Debord (1977) //
"The Situationists are here to combat the spectacle, not to govern it."
The Game of War is a Clausewitz simulator: a Napoleonic-era military strategy game where armies must maintain their communications structure to survive – and where victory is achieved by smashing your opponentʼs supply network rather than by taking their pieces. For Debord, The Game of War wasnʼt just a game - it was a guide to how people should live their lives within Fordist society. By playing this Clausewitz simulator, revolutionary activists could learn how to fi ght and win against the oppressors of spectacular society.
- left-handedserious reblogged this from spatialforces
- left-handedserious likes this
- dustinblalock reblogged this from spatialforces
- thinevilharmscare likes this
- the-entropy-dango likes this
- consimworld likes this
- notevensurewhy reblogged this from varanine and added:
- worsethandetroit likes this
- varanine reblogged this from spatialforces
- naranzarian likes this
- postrationillest likes this
- plagiarismisnecessary likes this
- spatialforces posted this